Pineconeplace

 Pinecone

5.17.2010

Shrimp Dip recipe.... gotta try it!!

The ingredients are key. I add Frank's Hot Sauce to just about anything (unless it's dessert of course). I'm addicted to it. My son is addicted to it (might be because I craved the Super Hot Tamale candies while pregnant with him) and my daughter is learning the love for it. My husband is still on the fence... but he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy (salt is his spice of choice). Fresh parsley and fresh lemons are also important. And I only use Philadelphia brand cream cheese (I am a brand junkie...). The recipe does not call for garlic salt, but I notice in the photo that I used it this one time (in place of the salt). I remember it tasting really yummy.

My aunt's cabin on the water makes the whole thing taste even better. Do you ever notice that seafood is fresher with a waterfront view? And it doesn't hurt that Bill Gate's beach place is next door. We should have invited him over for the shrimp dip. Oh well,... next time!


Shrimp dip complete. I doubled the recipe so we could have it two nights in a row.
Enjoy the recipe below...


New Year's Eve Shrimp Dip
(named after the millennium party. just the fishers and the barbers. the girls were so young and the siblings weren't born yet. life was simple. just like this dip)


8 oz. cream cheese
(original recipe calls for 4 oz. but I use the whole package.... yes, all 8 oz.)
1 T. mayonnaise
1 c. fresh baby shrimp, chopped
(it's even better with 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 t. Worcestershire
2 t. sweet onion, chopped fine (or grated)
2 t. fresh parsley, chopped fine
(i tend to use a little more)
1 1/2 t. fresh lemon juice
1/4 t. salt
5 (or more) drops of Frank's Hot Sauce
(original recipe calls for Tabasco)

Mix cream cheese with mayonnaise. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill for at least two hours if you can wait that long. It's hard to resist. Serve with Pepperidge Farm Butterfly crackers (or club crackers) and celery sticks (counts as a veggie).

-Tracy





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Promote your blog