Pineconeplace

 Pinecone

5.25.2010

Gum drops aren't just for kids...

Gum Drops.... a sweet memory of childhood...


... imagine them on a cake!
Gum drops.... a candy we all grew up with. Sweet. Chewy. Happy colors. Such fun to eat. I was grocery shopping the other day and ran across the candy section (go figure). And my eyes spotted these gum drops (spice drops). Immediately I wanted to put them on a cake. I don't know why. I just did. So I grabbed two packs and then proceeded to the cake mix aisle. I bought a white cake mix (with pudding in the mix.... so moist) and two cans of ready made frosting. It was white frosting with whip cream in it. I had never seen it before. I baked the cake according to the package. Cooled it. Frosted it. Then decorated it all over with the candy. And refrigerated it until ready to eat... although I snuck a few bites of the frosting and gumdrops. It was the most fun cake I have seen in a long time. It made me feel like a kid. And it tasted absolutely amazing!!!!!
- Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Promote your blog